Bugs/Suggestions

Highlighted
holmoscar
Occasional Contributor

Another great suggestion is being able to minimize comments in the thread to make the content more compact to scroll through if it's a big thread. But that might not work so well with pages but instead with constant scroll like facebook or reddit.

0 Kudos
Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

@Allan I can go back and edit the text the delete the content, but I dont see an option to delete the full post. Trying it now.

jimmycoola
Occasional Contributor

As for the email notifications, it would be cool to be able to select in some sort of preference menu what we get emails for. Like a choice of: 

• someone replying to the thread
  • someone replying to your comment
  • someone mentioning you in a comment

Then people could TAYLOR what notifications they receive by email.

(Incorrect spelling and pun intended)

rjmattingly
Contributor

@jimmycoola wrote:

As for the email notifications, it would be cool to be able to select in some sort of preference menu what we get emails for. Like a choice of: 

• someone replying to the thread
  • someone replying to your comment
  • someone mentioning you in a comment

Then people could TAYLOR what notifications they receive by email.

(Incorrect spelling and pun intended)

There are some options available in the preferences section. I turned the emails to weekly before @Allan set it up to go that way by default. 

0 Kudos
rjmattingly
Contributor

@Bad_At_Golf wrote:

@Allan I can go back and edit the text the delete the content, but I dont see an option to delete the full post. Trying it now.

Yeah, You should be able to delete an entire post. At this time you are correct, you can only delete the words but the blank post remains up. 

0 Kudos
rjmattingly
Contributor

@Blocker wrote:

@rjmattingly wrote:

1 suggestion would be to make the pages longer. The "front page" only has 4 featured topics and 5 latest topics, there is a lot of good content that is getting buried and if this page takes off it could get buried quickly. 

The same can be said about the posts themselves since only 8-10 replies can be seen one page one. 

I think I have a good idea what you're talking about but can you please be more specific about the good content you think is buried? 

I'll extend the topic pages to show more replies now!

For example, the Bugs/Suggestions thread is no longer on the front page. I have to click veiw all and scroll down to it. There is plenty of space for more than 5 posts under the "Latest Topics" section. I think we should add more. 

Also, how does a post make it to the "Featured Topics." is is based on views or Kudos? I feel like right now this is one of the most active (and important) posts and anyone that logs in as new will not even see it unless the click view all and scroll through. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@rjmattingly wrote:

@Blocker wrote:

@rjmattingly wrote:

1 suggestion would be to make the pages longer. The "front page" only has 4 featured topics and 5 latest topics, there is a lot of good content that is getting buried and if this page takes off it could get buried quickly. 

The same can be said about the posts themselves since only 8-10 replies can be seen one page one. 

I think I have a good idea what you're talking about but can you please be more specific about the good content you think is buried? 

I'll extend the topic pages to show more replies now!

For example, the Bugs/Suggestions thread is no longer on the front page. I have to click veiw all and scroll down to it. There is plenty of space for more than 5 posts under the "Latest Topics" section. I think we should add more. 

Also, how does a post make it to the "Featured Topics." is is based on views or Kudos? I feel like right now this is one of the most active (and important) posts and anyone that logs in as new will not even see it unless the click view all and scroll through. 

Gotcha. I think I can make the featured post based on kudos or comments, but currently I have to set them as a featured topic. I can change latest topics to hot topics though which I think would address this issue. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
holmoscar
Occasional Contributor

The attached images should atleast show a little preview picture. Now their just links and for someone that is not that experienced with forums might not realise it's a picture attached to the post.

rjmattingly
Contributor

@holmoscar wrote:

The attached images should atleast show a little preview picture. Now their just links and for someone that is not that experienced with forums might not realise it's a picture attached to the post.

Good call @holmoscar that is why I added the post I did. I agree that a preview should be possible. 

0 Kudos
rjmattingly
Contributor

@holmoscar I learned today that you can add the pic with the preview by clicking the camera button above the text box (next to all the font options). Instead of clicking the "Choose File" button. Thanks again @Ed_Settle