Bugs/Suggestions

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

First and foremost, thanks again for your help in igniting the TaylorMade Community!

If you notice and bugs or have any suggestions, please leave them here so we can address prior to launch. 

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
jimmycoola
Occasional Contributor

The confirmation email showed up with a bunch of text describing what I assume were the pictures on hotmail

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jimmycoola wrote:

The confirmation email showed up with a bunch of text describing what I assume were the pictures on hotmail

Looking into it now. 

0 Kudos
Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

I think the default notification settings are pretty aggressive. Personally, I don't want to be auto-subscribed to threads I comment on - especially not with emails. My suggestion would be to have a default like another very popular, user driven forum: you're only notified if you're mentioned, or someone responds directly to your comment or thread. Emails should be defaulted off - those who want them will go searching to enable them.

Also, might be browser related, but there doesnt seem to be a real-time spell-check in rich text, which I like better than the button to check.

holmoscar
Occasional Contributor

The emails I get from threads aren't formatted so it's hard to know if someone just quoted and answered another comment since the answer is at the end of the page or wheter it's a new post. There's no clear formatting which makes it hard to understand the post if you're reading it in your mail. And I also think the mail notifications are a bit too aggresive. You should only get a mail when they respond to your comment and not the whole thread.

Hope you'll understand what I mean, if not tell me and I'll try to explain in another way. 

Kind regards

rjmattingly
Contributor

I agree on both points, The emails are pilling up and spell checker would be heplful. 

0 Kudos
rjmattingly
Contributor

Also, when you reply to a comment, your reply should appear under that comment. I tried to comment agreeing with Bad_at_golf but it came up as a new reply on the whole thread. 

lentscher
Occasional Contributor

I second rjmattingly's suggestion about replies. It's confusing when replies just appear in the thread and not linked to post you're replying to. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@jimmycoola wrote:

Could you please forward that email to the email address I used to invite you here?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lentscher wrote:

I second rjmattingly's suggestion about replies. It's confusing when replies just appear in the thread and not linked to post you're replying to. 

@lentscher @rjmattingly This isn't the best funtionality, but if you hit that little "Quote" box next to the post formatting options, you can include the context of the response. I'll work on making this automatic but it might be a while until that can get developed. 

Apologies for the inconvenience!

0 Kudos