Forum Meet-up Idea

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Good evening,
I saw online that some of the YouTube golf instructors had a contest where golfers could play on their team in the Taylormade California cup and it included getting fit for Taylormade woods and golf at Torrey Pines. It made me start to think of how fun it would be to do a meet-up. Just about every forum I've ever been apart of has done meet-ups from car forums to paintball forums (in my younger days). I do want to visit the Taylormade headquarters one day but I was thinking about regional meets. It would be cool if we set it up for when there was a PGA tournament in the area. (For the mid Atlantic folks I know there are several stops in northern VA, Maryland, and North Carolina). We could watch a day of the pros playing, do dinner/drinks/etc, and then catch a round at a local course the next day. It would be cool if the guys on the Taylormade tour truck could give a walkthrough or even check our fit on our current Taylormade clubs. I'm not sure how the Taylormade folks feel but it could be fun to meet you all and catch a casual round sometime. Is this something that others would be interested in?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think there could definitely be some weight to this once participation ramps up a little bit. 

Until that happens, if the PGA TOUR makes a stop in or near your city, don't hesitate to let us know as we usually have representation at every event. Same goes for anyone visiting San Diego!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
Koung
Occasional Contributor

This would be really cool, but I think the tough part is getting enough people interested and in the same area. One guy on Reddit fronted a bunch of money for a tournament and everyone bailed on him so he got screwed on that idea. That's with a following of like 100k users. I don't know the following on here right now, but I think it's quite a bit less probably in the thousands?

0 Kudos
DennisMiller
Contributor

I love this idea, withour without the pro tour event that weekend. Just getting together with friends you haven't met yet is a special thing when you know people only over the internet.

I participate in an acoustic guitar forum with a dedicated section of the forum for members to communicate about get togethers. We used to have a South Florida get together about every 2 months The Mizuno Forum I participate in has get togethers about twice a year in Europe. Sometimes they get a block of rooms in a hotel, but sometimes guys just stay at other members homes.

It's easily possible, even just on a regional basis.

0 Kudos
HandyManny
Occasional Contributor
If anyone is in the SoCal area, more less Los Angeles though, I could easily get out for a round or even plan a trip somewhere further. I'd love to do something like this as I have before and it's definitely a great way to meet new golfers and amazing people with common interest,
0 Kudos