Introduce Yourself

Highlighted
HillaryWyse
Occasional Contributor

Hi!  I'm Hillary, and I'm a massive golf fan.  I love to play and am getting better every day thanks to the golf simulator at my apartment building.  I also watch every tournament that I can (at least Saturday/Sunday rounds).  

I've based my entire education path around pursuing a career in golf (on the business side). Most recently, I graduated from law school and passed the NY bar. I don't get out on the course as much as I'd like to lately since my work schedule is pretty crazy.  I work at a sports and entertainment agency in NYC and am working my way up the ladder to become an agent here.  Naturally, I want to represent PGA Tour players.  

I absolutely love TaylorMade for their top of the line products, attention to detail, wonderful Tour players, and amazing customer service.  

I really love the idea of this community and am looking forward to learning from all of you!

drbrianmann
Contributor

I'm Brian, My wife and I are both chiropractors in Dallas, TX. I focus mainly on sports (golf), soft tissue and corrective exercise while my wife sees tons of babies and pregnant mothers. I played golf on scholarship in college but can shoot anywhere from 65 to 90 now depending on the day haha. I still love the good days on the course but not so much the bad ones. I still try to play a little bit of competitive golf but I'm not able to practice more than a couple days a week now that we have a 2 year old son. Hoping he falls in love with the game too! I truly love the game and am very passionate about it. I started playing TaylorMade in high school and never wanted to step away.

rjmattingly
Contributor

Hello All, 

My name is Robert Mattingly. I also, do not work for TaylorMade. I am from Chicago Illinois. I have played golf for a about 10 years but just started taking it seriously the last couple. I am still a haker shooting in the lower 90's, but I am improving. I was glad to be invitied to this community as I look to improve my game and get more familiar with TM products. I look forward to chatting with you all in the future. 

Frequent Contributor

Hello, my name is Ed and I am 57 years old. And even though I have been accused of it many times, I do not work for TaylorMade. I live in Columbus, Indiana, which is almost half way between Indianapolis and Louisville, in the southern part of Indiana. I have been playing golf since I was 9 years old. Never have been a great player but do take skins money from my friends! I had single digit GHIN a few years back but work and family has cut into league play. I still occasionally break 80 and am generally happy with anything less than 85.  

It has been interesting as my friends and I age, what it does to our golf games. We are very conscience of what tees we play. Three of us play from the tees that are around 6500 yards and our oldest regular (60y) has moved up 1 tee box. It allows us all to have similar distances to the green. We are all fairly concious of our equipment. TaylorMade is firmly placed in each of our bags but we are very concious of what works for each of us. We have all tried the lastest TM stuff. We have 4 different TM drivers in play. SLDR, R1, R15 all seem reasonable but we also still have a Super Quad in play! My friend Bill can not get comfortable with any of the newer models. Two of the guys have RSi 1 irons w/ graphite and I play RSi TP with lighter weight steel shafts. After playing RSi 1 irons for the early part of the season, my friend Gary switched back to his R7 favorites. Since he shot 76 last night, 35 (-1) on the front, he seems comfortable with them back in the bag.

The one area that my group has embraced is golf balls. I still use TPX (#11) but 2 of the guys have really jumped on the Project a bandwagon. These were Titleist guys. Our forth player hits what ever his kids got him for Father's Day.

I guess what I am trying to say is that as much of a equipment junk as I am, it has to be a comfortable switch. I am slowing on my equipment binging. Maybe! But at my age believe that light weight materials and shafts can continue to make golf enjoyable. The lastest and greatest isnt as important to me as does it make it easier for me to win that skin pot!

Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

Hey Folks! I'm Alex, and I'm Bad_At_Golf. I do love it, though.

Invited by the fine folks at TM, I think it will be nice to have a venue for the TM faithful to gather and discuss relevant topics. Living in Canada, I only get about 5 good golfing months through the year, and am not at the point in my life where I can travel to a winter home further south to enjoy golf year round (a common practice for many Canadian golf enthusiasts).

I bag a set of 2011 TM Tour Preferred irons (4-PW, S300), along with an M2 Tour 3i (x100), and an RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3-wood (S70). And of course, a TM Project (a) ball.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ed_Settle wrote:

Hello, my name is Ed and I am 57 years old. And even though I have been accused of it many times, I do not work for TaylorMade. I live in Columbus, Indiana, which is almost half way between Indianapolis and Louisville, in the southern part of Indiana. I have been playing golf since I was 9 years old. Never have been a great player but do take skins money from my friends! I had single digit GHIN a few years back but work and family has cut into league play. I still occasionally break 80 and am generally happy with anything less than 85.  

It has been interesting as my friends and I age, what it does to our golf games. We are very conscience of what tees we play. Three of us play from the tees that are around 6500 yards and our oldest regular (60y) has moved up 1 tee box. It allows us all to have similar distances to the green. We are all fairly concious of our equipment. TaylorMade is firmly placed in each of our bags but we are very concious of what works for each of us. We have all tried the lastest TM stuff. We have 4 different TM drivers in play. SLDR, R1, R15 all seem reasonable but we also still have a Super Quad in play! My friend Bill can not get comfortable with any of the newer models. Two of the guys have RSi 1 irons w/ graphite and I play RSi TP with lighter weight steel shafts. After playing RSi 1 irons for the early part of the season, my friend Gary switched back to his R7 favorites. Since he shot 76 last night, 35 (-1) on the front, he seems comfortable with them back in the bag.

The one area that my group has embraced is golf balls. I still use TPX (#11) but 2 of the guys have really jumped on the Project a bandwagon. These were Titleist guys. Our forth player hits what ever his kids got him for Father's Day.

I guess what I am trying to say is that as much of a equipment junk as I am, it has to be a comfortable switch. I am slowing on my equipment binging. Maybe! But at my age believe that light weight materials and shafts can continue to make golf enjoyable. The lastest and greatest isnt as important to me as does it make it easier for me to win that skin pot!

Hey Ed,

We're actually having a photoshoot with some athletes coming up in Indianapolis. Would love to hear your suggestions on top courses to play. I've been dying to check out French Lick! I know its far but for some reason its always had my eye. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
lentscher
Occasional Contributor

Hi All, 

I'm Adam, a 29 year old stay at home dad of two soon-to-be three kids. I'm originally from WI and started playing golf around four or five when my dad would only let me chip and put until I could make consistent contact with the ball. Growing up, the golf course was my babysitter and my brothers and I would spend all day on the course in the summer. I haven't kept an active handicap in a while but I'm somewhere around a 10. I don't play as much as I would like to now with the kids but still manage to sneek out from time to time. We just moved next to a golf course here in WA so hopefully that will help. I'm also only 10 minutes or so from Chambers Bay, so I'm hoping to get out there soon. 

I'm excited to hear more about all of your experiences and learning from the large number of people here tied to Taylormade and the golf industry in general. 

Fun story: In high school we had a person finance class where we had to pick our dream job and budget and plan our lives when we were 30 based on where we saw ourselves. At that time I planned on being a chemical engineer and working for Titleist or another major ball manufacturer (TaylorMade was just coming into the ball scene at this time). I based everything on living in Carlsbad and living "the dream" at one of the big golf companies. 

lentscher
Occasional Contributor

Brian, 

Are you guys Parker grads? Two of my brothers took over my dads chiropractic practice in WI. The younger went to Parker and the older one went to National. My dad was dissapointd they didn't follow his lead and go to Palmer. 

I got accepted to Chiropractic school but opted to go to grad school for chemistry instead. Looking back, I should have gone into the family business. Better money and more time to golf. Smiley Happy 

It's nice you get year round golf in TX so you get to take advantage of those nice chiropractic hours! (I can sympasize with the 2 year old putting a damper on the game though, I'm looking forward to getting my 2 year old boy into it more). 

roofusxavier
Occasional Contributor

I'm Tom.

I'm from the middle of Wisconsin and have played since I was about 6 years old. Worked at our local course from the time I was 13 pretty much until I graduated college. Growing up on small town course offered a pretty cool view in to the game of golf at a young age. I graduated from UW-Whitewater in 2012 and now work as an analyst for a large retailer. 

I try to play twice a week but usually only get one round in. This summer I've been playing around a 6 hdcp but I can shoot anywhere from 72 to 85 depending on the day. If I break 80 I'm usually happy. 

I like to take advantage of being within an hour of the Sheboygan courses and get up there as much as possible. (Whistling Straights, Blackwolf Run, The Bull)

I've had a Taylormade driver in the bag since I can remember and I don't forsee that changing. I'm also the worst putter in America.

drbrianmann
Contributor

We did go to Parker! That's awesome that they got to take over the family business. I'm from Oklahoma originally but moved here for chiropractic college and never left.

I am friends with Jordan Niebrugge a little bit don't know if you guys are close to his hometown in WI or not.

Just have the one kiddo? Our son will hit balls for 5 minutes or so and then lose interest haha.