Introduce Yourself

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

The place to share a bit about yourself. 

I'm Allan, the Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf. Born and raised in Los Angeles but now down here in San Diego. I'm an 11 HDCP who practices about 2-3 times/week and play usually once a week. I'm fortunite to be able to get out on Tour and interact frequently with our athletes. If you guys are interested in anything within our HQ walls or out on Tour, let me know and I should be able to track that down for you!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm Chris, the Copywriter at TaylorMade Golf. I spent the first 26 years of my life in Pittsford, NY before moving out to Carlsbad, CA. I earned my Film Studies/Creative Writing degree from UNC Wilmington before moving back to Rochester, NY where I worked as a Scriptwriter at an online marketing company.

I didn't really get into golf until around my sophomore year of high school, but I have been bit by the bug ever since. Many people may call me a golf addict—I would honestly play 36 holes every day if I could. I thrive off of tracking my GHIN and working to see my index drop with every 15-day revision. Two years ago, I was playing to about a 12 before grinding my way down to a 5 (and still working hard to stay there!).

I work closely with our Social, Brand, Retail, and eComm teams to help craft our voice and tell our story. I also travel to Tour events every few weeks where I gather stories from the range, walk some of the most famous courses in golf, and support our Content Creator/Photographer @Orrrie with additional photography.

Happy to share any Tour/TaylorMade insights or just talk golf.

Chris Edwards
Copywriter — TaylorMade Golf
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys- I'm Josh and I am the Social Media Coordinator here at TaylorMade Golf. I grew up in Orange County, California but now reside in Carlsbad, CA. I grew up playing baseball and always wanted to be a professional ball player, but got turned on to the great game of golf when I was a Freshman in HS and have been obsessed ever since. I come from a golf family so I've always had it in my blood, but picked it up much later than most. Within about 2 years I dropped my index from about a 15 to scratch and haven't looked back.

I played golf in college at Chapman University in Orange, CA where our team was ranked #6 in the nation at one point. I was always a TaylorMade fan and always gamed their gear, so when I got the opportunity to work for them out of college it was something I could not refuse. I still compete on a regular basis as an amateur in tournaments across So Cal and still have dreams of Touring as a professional one day. The grind never stops in this game and that's the beauty of it.

My job is heavily TOUR related so I am lucky enough to get to spend time with the best ball strikers in the world a few times a month at some amazing golf courses.

I've been lucky enough to caddy on the PGA Tour on and off over the last few years, including the 2014 and 2016 PGA Championship.

If you have questions about TaylorMade product, the golf swing, what it's like on TOUR, or how to get the most out of your game when you don't get as much time to practice, please reach out as I love talking shop about the game that we all love.

Cheers

Social Media | TaylorMade Golf
@HurstyGolf54
Triednotsucking
New Contributor

I'm Keith, And I do not work for TaylorMade. I got into golf a couple of years ago after losing a bet. I'm actually very bad at golf, like picked last in gym class bad, but I'm getting better (lying). I'm here for the same reason everyone else is, this sport is a lot of fun and the risk of brain damage is like way less than syncronized swiming (unless you're standing to my left in the tee box).

-K  

JMackSlug
New Contributor

Hey I'm John!  I was invited to this community by the kind people at Taylormade.  I started playing a little over  year ago and have been (a bit) obsessed ever since.  I've been made a bit of a TM fanboy due to your great products and customer-service driven presence on social media; Reddit to be specific.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this community grows and plan on participating on a regular basis!

JMackSlug
New Contributor

Pretty awesome to hear you're living the dream.  I don't hate my job like a lot of people do but i'm not jumping out of bed on a Monday either.  A bit (well more than a bit) jealous you're afforded your level of access as well as getting paid to goof (in a good way) off on social media all day. Good on you bud! 

Henningfeld
Occasional Contributor

My name is Chad Henningfeld. I'm a technologist at heart, and love all aspect at making a better lifestyle. I work out of Saint Louis, Missouri as a Computer Scientist for the DOD. I got into golf about six years ago after realizing you hit an age that getting your friends to play a sport where beer isn't involved is near impossible. I love all aspects of the game and the competitiveness that it brings. Started off with a wonderful set of TaylorMade r7's and slowing been upgrading since; still have the woods though I just hit them too well ;-) (don't fix something that isn't broken)

I'm taking a vacation to Rivera Maya (leave in about 8 hours) figured what the hell should go ahead and play some golf too.

Here is a think to the course. https://www.rivieramaya-golfclub.com/

Don't worry already packed plenty of extra balls ;-)

A key piece of advice I will share is if you play a course that is out of your league, buy a polo in the golf shop. You will be wearing it in 10 years and still remember the great time you had.

Cheers gents

Frequent Contributor

I'm Jesse, an iOS developer from Minnesota. I've been playing golf since I was 2 years old, as that was the time my parents picked up the game. I had dreams of playing professionally back in the late 90s when my index was around +4, but I got a big dose of humility after testing the waters by playing a couple of Monday qualifiers as an amateur for what was then the Nike Tour (now web.com). The handicap has gone up a bit since then thanks to a career and a family (now a +2), I play mostly state and regional events, and I've also been fortunate enough to play in a couple of USGA events.

I've been a TaylorMade player since 2005 when I picked up a set of rac Forged TP irons, still one of my favorites to this day. Numerous drivers, a few iron sets, and many wedges later, here we are. I may come off as a brand bobo at times, but I love the innovation focus that drives TaylorMade products. It fits who I am as a player.

holmoscar
Occasional Contributor

I'm Oscar, a fresh graduate in Information and Media Technology from what we in Sweden call "gymnasium", which is something like upper secondary school. I started playing golf along with my dad back in 2007, then I had a break for about 6 years up until 2 years ago when some friends started to play and made excited to play again. I'm completely hooked on golf again and it's pretty much the only thing I do in the summers here in Sweden when the weather permits. I've also been invited to this community by the lovely people at TaylorMade and I'm stoked to see where this is going!

Cheers

jimmycoola
Occasional Contributor

I'm James, a 23 year old Engineer and I'm only 11 months into my golf journey. I tried out the M2 a few months ago and had amazing results. The TM team on Reddit answered a few questions regarding the M1 and M2 and now I'm here!

Currently saving up to get a new driver (probably an M2), and about to plan a week off from work to exclusively play crouses around my city (Sydney, Australia).

Would love to hear about golf trips around the US that I wouldn't think of and pick up some cool info about the TM pros