Introduce Yourself

AxtionJaxson
New Contributor

Hi!

My name is Jackson and I grew up in Western NC playing the beautiful mountain courses set in the Appalachians. I now reside in the suburbs of Charlotte, NC where I am a self-employed project and social media manager for several Charlotte-area companies. 

IMG_6934.jpeg

My dad was from Norway and grew up only playing soccer and skiing but when my parents moved to the US, he fell in love with golf. Not only did he pass down the love of golf to me but one day he passed down his Taylormade Burner Bubble irons to me. It was one of the best moments of my childhood. I felt a lot closer to my idol of the time, Ernie Els.

I've been using a majority of Taylormade clubs ever since. For the first time in my life, I now have a full bag of Taylormade gear.

Driver: Aeroburner TP

3-Wood: R15

Hybrid: Adams DHY Pro (counts)
Irons: NEW P790s

Wedges: Milled Grinds

Putter: Daddy Long Legs

Ball: TP5x

I really enjoy following the tour, so about a year ago I started a podcast with a couple local buddies. It's fun and light-hearted and you can check it out in my bio (Leader in the Clubhouse). 

Glad to be on here! Swing Happy!

0 Kudos
RedPanda
Occasional Contributor

Howdy All! My name is Marcelo Quinones and I live in Grain Valley, MO with my beautiful wife and our only kid living in the house, our dog Cooper!  We have 5 kids and 5 grandkids, 6th one is on the way!  I am a Technical Support Engineer for the Cerner Corp.  I run SQL queries and create performance spreadsheets for all our clients.  I started playing golf in 1997, my cousin got me started because he needed someone to play against, and I was very bad.  I got hooked when I made my first Par!  I took lessons to get better and have gotten my handicap down to an 8.  I have since taught my wife to play and I also play on various golf leagues and local tournaments.

0 Kudos
USMC1833

I'm Les.  I live in Callahan, Fl, which is a rural community just north of Jacksonville.  I'm a police officer that has fridays off, so I try to play at least twice per month.  Unfortunately, I dont practice as much as I should, but still plug away and try to fix my issues as I go.  I used to be a 12 handicap, but my scores have ballooned to a 20.  I dont know if its my age catching up with me, or my lack of practice, or both, but I'm working on driving that number down.

I just bought an M4 driver last week, and so far, I'm happy with it.  I had a Cleveland driver that I hit, on average 270-280 yards but I broke the clubhead clean off of my Speeder extra stiff shaft just prior to my last round.  I was able to keep the ball in play pretty consistently, but no always in the short grass.  Given that that club was over 12 years old, I decided that it was time to upgrade.  So far, I'm averaging 280-290 with the M4.  I haven't played a full round with it as of yet, so we'll see how it works on a consistent basis.

My driver wasn't the only out of date club that I had in my bag.  My Ping G5 irons were grossly out of date, so today I ordered a set of M4 irons at the PGA Superstore in Jacksonville.  I can't wait to get them!  What amazed me is that I was hitting my Ping G5 7 iron about 175 yards.  According to Trackman, I was hitting the M4 7 iron, on average, 205 yards!

My wedges are older Cleveland wedges, and my putter is an old Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura, but I absolutely love them, so I have no plans on changing them out.  My wedge play and putting are the strongest part of my game, so I'm not about to change what's consistently working well for me. 

Super excited to get my new irons and, with better practice habits, I'm looking forward to lower scores.

Highlighted
KyleLejman
New Contributor

Hello Everyone!

My name’s Kyle. I live in Schaumburg Illinois, about 40 minutes west of downtown Chicago. I’ve been playing golf for about 9 years. I first picked up the club with my dad on a golf course in Florida during a vacation. Of course, I sucked, which caused a few of my dads precious golf balls to go into the drink, but that didn’t matter to him! Ever since then I have fallen in love with golf. I was apart of Schaumburg Golf Clubs 16u Junior PGA team last year and came in second place in a Northern Illinois! I’m an avid golfer both in and outside of school. I’m on the Varsity Golf Team at my high school and have a top 3 spot on my team. My life is basically revolves around golf. I also am a 3 sport athlete, playing golf in the fall, swimming in the winter, and water polo in the spring. So naturally I have a lot of muscle and hit the ball **bleep** far. For a 17 year old Junior, hitting the ball on average 292 yards, my coaches and college scouts are really observing my game. I have a strong game despite my putting, but that changes this winter! 

Now, what’s in the bag? 

Taylormade RBZ Pro Driver...yup... going throwback on you all. Next I have a Rescue Hybrid, can’t give the name right now because I don’t have it in front of me, but man... do I love that club. Now for a fairway wood, I just have a 3 wood, being the 2016 M2 regular flex, and that thing... my second favorite club in the bag. And for irons I have RBZ irons P-4 which are great, but I’ve had these for about 5 years and I’m ready to get some new technology. Wedges, I have a random Random Callaway 60 degree and a Cleveland 52 degree. My 60 degree and I are best buddies inside 50 yards. And then for my Putter, I have a Ping Scottsdale something, but looking into getting a Spyder because I just love that feel. And for balls I play TP5X or Vice Pro Plus. 

Thanks for hearing me out y’all... if you’re reading this, enjoy your day...

KyleLejman
New Contributor

Also, I’m an 11.1 handicap index

0 Kudos
Miinan

Hello! Good day TMader's! just thought i would knock on the door and say hello. hoping that this forum will be a great place for support on my game/equipment. 

0 Kudos
Thecoach
Mm
My name is John I am a retired division one golf coach. For 17 years I’ve been playing with and setting up for my players every model Taylor made has made. And would be happy to share my knowledge and experience with all of you

0 Kudos
pduckman
New Contributor

Hi, my name is Pat and I am retired.  I picked up golf at the age of 45 and now 32 years later am still hooked.  During the warm months I play golf 3 times or more a week, one of which is in a 40 man 10 team senior golf league.  My bag includes a set of R7 XD irons I had fitted in Columbus OH in 2006 by the Taylormade tour van.  At that time I also picked up a Rescue 3 hybrid and an R7 460 driver.  I have added a Taylormade RBZ 3 wood and a SLDR 5 wood.  Over the years since then, in search of more distance I obtained a Taylormade Burner and finally the SLDR that I now use.  I keep trying to convince myself that I need to upgrade my irons but I have not found anything I like any better.  Have not yet tried the M3 or M4 irons.  Maybe they will replace my trusted R7 XD's.  The M3 oe M4 driver would be a nice addition as well.

0 Kudos
Gyro25
Occasional Contributor
Hey I'm Chris, I'm from NJ living rught by the beach/shore. Been golfing for 7 years or so now. Some equipment changes but currently gaming a 2017 M2 and a TM putter. Testing out the TP5 balls but haven't settled on a gamer ball yet.
0 Kudos
Grant
New Contributor

Hey folks, 

Scottish Golfer currently living in Amsterdam, just started playing Golf again after a 12 year break and got fitted - tried a whole bunch of clubs and ended up with a full m4 set (apart from wedges) and a Spider Tour putter. 

Happy to be part of the TaylorMade family - can't wait for the irons to arrive so I can get them out on the course! 

0 Kudos