Introduce Yourself

Coachmastiff
Occasional Contributor

Hello, my name is Jeremy.  I am from Louisiana in a small town called Many.  I have been playing golf for 20 years.  I am a head girls basketball coach and teacher at Zwolle High School.  Currently, my handicap is a 9.  However, a month ago, I was hanging senior banners in the gym and the ladder twisted and I fell from about 10 feet to the floor.  Shattering my elbow!! So, now I have a plate, 7 screws, and a artifical radius head in my elbow.  So, at this point, I am in recovery mode and beginning phsyical therapy.   Doctor seems to think it will take about 5 to 6 months total for my recovery.  Hopefully, I will be playing some by May.  This has caused me to have to get rid of current set-up of another brand and will be purchasing a new set-up (graphite shafts in everything) of Taylormade products once I am able to start playing again.  I have used Taylormade products in the past and look forward to using it in the future.  

0 Kudos
bookie5153
Occasional Contributor

Hi, my name is tom & I have been playing Taylormade woods since the 80's. I have played every driver since then. What is up with shaft lenght 45.75 standard. cannot order new driver without custom order. Upgraded shaft,

shaft lenght 44.5, does anybody at Taylormade tell me how the head is weighted for proper swingweight of custom built driver?

0 Kudos
Goko926

My name is Neal and I am a former professional golfer, now amateur golfer who works in education and coaches high school golf in Illinois. I carry a +3.2 handicap and love playing anywhere there is a tee, fairway and green! I have 3 daughters under that age of 10 who have all shown interest in playing in daddy's foursome. My history with TaylorMade goes back to 2002 when I was on staff with them playing the 200 Steel. I have always kept a TM driver, woods, hybrids in my bag since. I love the technology and the direction in which the company is moving.

0 Kudos
rbauchman
Contributor

Hey All - I'm Robert from San Diego, where I work as an auditor in the healthcare industry. I get in about 12 - 15 rounds per year, with my favorite tracks residing at Torrey Pines. I would love to get out more, but 2 young kids makes it tough on time (and budget). My driver (580XD) and fairway wood (R7) are from TM, and I absolutely love them. Have had them both in my bag for over 8 years. I also play the Project (A), which works really well for my game. Looking forward to getting some behind the scenes looks at what happens at TM and on Tour, as well as providing feedback on any new equipment. Hit 'em straight!

0 Kudos
Blazevan
New Contributor

My name is Rich and I call a cold, dark and dreary place home.  The rest of you call it Pittsburgh. 

I started playing golf when I was 3.  I played through college, including bouncing around the Florida and Southeastern US mini-tours from 94 to 2000.  I almost quit playing entirely in 2003 (less than 30 rounds between than and now).

Now, call it a mid-life crisis, I have decided to take up the game on a semi-serious level.  So in the next few months I will be making equipment upgrades since what I use now is pretty out dated.  You know its bad when the Vokey wedges I have are no longer legal. I have decided to go the TM route.  My plan is to start with the M2 driver, P770 irons, and Milled Grind Wedges.  Only club I'm not ready to replace is my TM V Steel 3 wood but I am sure it will only be a matter of time on that.  

I am excited for spring and to get back practicing and playing again.  I will most likely be active an look forward to interacting.

Rich.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

My name is Neal and I am a former professional golfer, now amateur golfer who works in education and coaches high school golf in Illinois. I carry a +3.2 handicap and love playing anywhere there is a tee, fairway and green! I have 3 daughters under that age of 10 who have all shown interest in playing in daddy's foursome. My history with TaylorMade goes back to 2002 when I was on staff with them playing the 200 Steel. I have always kept a TM driver, woods, hybrids in my bag since. I love the technology and the direction in which the company is moving.

Neal, you might be my new best friend! There is a guy on this forum....@jll62...that I want meet up with and play a round of golf. Jesse, jll62, would kill me straight up, but a Fourball would be better? You want to be my partner?? LOL 

Welcome to the community!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to all the new community members! It is fun to see the community grow. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

wrote:

My name is Rich and I call a cold, dark and dreary place home.  The rest of you call it Pittsburgh. 

I started playing golf when I was 3.  I played through college, including bouncing around the Florida and Southeastern US mini-tours from 94 to 2000.  I almost quit playing entirely in 2003 (less than 30 rounds between than and now).

Now, call it a mid-life crisis, I have decided to take up the game on a semi-serious level.  So in the next few months I will be making equipment upgrades since what I use now is pretty out dated.  You know its bad when the Vokey wedges I have are no longer legal. I have decided to go the TM route.  My plan is to start with the M2 driver, P770 irons, and Milled Grind Wedges.  Only club I'm not ready to replace is my TM V Steel 3 wood but I am sure it will only be a matter of time on that.  

I am excited for spring and to get back practicing and playing again.  I will most likely be active an look forward to interacting.

Rich.

Hey Rich...give either the M2 Tour or the M4 Tour a try this spring. I was a longtime V-Steel user and it finally lost its place in the bag last season to a 2016 M2 deep face. That club was a tour only head, but both the M2 Tour and M4 Tour heads are similar.

The V-Steel was such a great club.

0 Kudos
Swachtler
New Contributor

Hi everyone my name is Scott, I live in San Marcos, CA (North San Diego County). I try to play once a week and practice once a week.  What keeps me going is trying to keep my 0 handicap and trying to qualify for the US Amateur and the US Open.  I started competition golf late in life and now at 36 with a 3 year old it makes it a little more interesting.  On top of that working for the local fire department can make that even more challenging during certain months here in San Diego.  

I started playing Taylormade equipment last year in my first US Amateur qualifier and I was hooked, I know sport a full set up.  One of my goals is to try my hand at a few mini tour events or even try to qualify for the Farmers which is the Tour stop here in San Diego.  

Hope everyone has a great day.  

0 Kudos
Mario_Price
New Contributor

Hello, my name is Mario Price. I live in Eastpointe, MI which is right outside Detroit. I am a Military veteran who has been watching Golf all my life, I picked up the game in my 20's, I use to live in in Jacksonville Florida in the mid 90s and I got to play many awesome courses and had the opportunity to play TPC Sawgrass, I will never forget that experience. My favorite course in Jacksonville was Mill Cove. At my best I can shoot in the low to mid 80s. I have not got to play as much as want to over the years. Work, family, school....heck life took me from the game. now my children are old enough to fend for themselves so I am back in the game. I absolutely love the new equipment Taylor Made has. I am planning to get a full upgrade to the with Taylor Made equipment. Looking forward to interacting and reading what is going on.

0 Kudos