Introduce Yourself

LeonJames
New Contributor
Looking for a new driver. Cobra F7+ appropriate for me?

I am not a super experienced golfer. I shoot around 110 right now on a good day. I really believe though I will be able to get under 100 though. I am looking for a new driver as I am building my bag right now. A website i am looking at has a great deal on the F7+ stiff shaft. Is this a good driver for someone like me? My swing speed is around 95. The regular F7 isn't available to me on the same deal

0 Kudos
backdraft634
New Contributor
Hello everyone,
I'm Paul, I have been golfing since I was 12. Now 53. Was once a scratch golfer but when I hit my late 20's into my 40's I had multiple shoulder surgeries, disc replacement in my back and then two broken ankles at the same time. I hadn't really had much time to golf so my game really suffered.
I recently purchased M6 irons and have had the opportunity to really practice again. I have already seen a 5 stroke decrease in my game and noticed that my iron play has improved.
Luckily I live on a golf course so as long as my health is good, I am hoping to get back to being near or at scratch in the next year.
My next.goal is to complete my set with the M6 rescues.
I live on the west coast of Florida with my wife and two dogs.
0 Kudos
Darwin
I'm Darwin and I was selected for the speed bridge challenge. I am 61 years old, a retired construction manager. I have a heart condition and don't have the strength I used to. I started golfing at age 50. My handicap is 28. I am looking forward to seeing the difference between my current 7 iron and my new M6.
dewalink95
New Contributor

hallo .. i'm dewa from iindonesia

0 Kudos
backdraft634
New Contributor
Hi Darwin,
Welcome to the community.
I know my M6 custom irons have improved my game.
Good Luck,
Paul
0 Kudos
Pacemwa

Hi 

.  I am Mike Pace.  I am 51 and a brand new golfer.  My daughter Beka and I are taking lessons through the GIVE Golf for Injured Veterans Everywhere Foundation.  The foundation gave us a brand new set of Wilson profile golf clubs. We are so grateful! We are enjoying practicing!

We don't know much and trying to discern from "good" information, "hype" information and "bad information is extremely difficult.

Even golf balls are very confusing not to mention the difference between clubs and the various price points and the various manufacturers all seem to be saying the same thing- this ball will go further or this club will improve your swing and it goes on and on all trying to get me to buy $500. Set of irons or $300 driver etc.

What is the difference between the difference price points on golf balls, irons and woods?

Things get very confusing very fast and I am trying to sort things out.

If anyone can help me objectively I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time,

Mike Pace

0 Kudos
backdraft634
New Contributor
Hi Mike,
As a beginner, what you need is a full set of clubs, the Wilson's that you have should be fine. They will give you an opportunity to learn.

As you progress then you may want to move up to a type of game improvement club. Like the M6, game improvement clubs are more forgiving and usually have larger surface areas so of you hit the ball towards the heel or the toe you can still get a straighter shot. Of course there are other variables, shaft type, head lie, tipping etc.
From there you can move on to precision clubs, Again more variables come into play.
With any club you will need to feel comfortable with it, and even looks matter since you will be looking down at the head.
For now learn the game and have some fun. Don't worry who has the best Club with the farthest distance etc.
You have plenty of time for that.

As per balls, it's all about the compression and cores
Soft balls have low compression and single cores. The produce less spin and are good for those with a slower swing speed.
High compression balls are different they have multiple cores create more spin.
Again, learn the game, have fun, get better with practice.
Paul
0 Kudos