Introduce Yourself

SSGSEVIER54
Occasional Visitor
I'm Doug. Staff Sergeant in the US Army(La Army National Guard) and managment for Overhead Door.

For the last couple of years(recently resigned), I was a moderator over on Reddit golf.

Currently hitting off of an 11 but working my tail off to get into single digits!

My favorite club in my bag is the ever trusty TaylorMade Burner 2.0 18 degree hybrid from 2013 (when I got it, at least). Literally no club comes close to the dead on accuracy that i can make happen with that club. It's wild.

Looking forward to snooping around here and helping establish the TaylorMade community!
0 Kudos
af4ever
Hi everyone,

My name is Amran, I'm from Malaysia. Just started playing golf 7 years ago and still learning to improve my game. I'm really impressed with Taylormade golf equipment with latest technology in producing it's. Congratulations to Sergio Garcia for his first Master @ major tournament, surely many to come... Anyway thanks for accepting me into this community blog.
0 Kudos
Koung
Occasional Contributor

I'm Koung, this is my third year playing and I have worked myself down (up?) to a ~19 handicap. I like to think that the best strengths in my game hands down are my power and my chipping, but everything else is basically crap. I really enjoy playing though so I try and get 2-3 rounds a week in with at least one range day to work out whatever the hell is currently hurting me the most. 

0 Kudos
dashboard82
Occasional Visitor

Hello all! My name is Jesse, I am 35 years old, and I have been actively playing the last 6 - 7 years. I began lessons the last two years and have worked down to ~18 index with GHIN. My wife also plays on the weekends with me. She's ~26 index on GHIN. 

I am an active member on the reddit.com/r/golf community and was invited by the TaylorMade contact on that site to join here. I am happy to be here to help discuss the TaylorMade community.

0 Kudos
MATshutt
New Contributor

Hello, My name is Matt and I am a graphic designer just outside of Toronto, ON, Canada.

I have just started playing golf a little over 3 years ago and I'm a 14 HDCP. I play (weather depending) about 2-3 times a week. 

I work very hard on my game and my goal would be to get my handicap down to single digits by the seasons end.

I have just made the full bag jump to custom fitted taylormade gear and it had made huge difference in my stroke and distance. 

My gear includes M2- Driver, M2- 3 Wood, M2- 3 Hybrid, M1- Irons (4-PW) MG Wedges 54-SB, 58-SB, Spider Tour Black

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

Hey everyone,

My name is Tony and I'm a financial analyst from Minnesota. My handicap floats anywhere from +1 to +2 throughout the year and I typically try and play or practice 2-3 times a week. I graduated from college 5 years ago where I played golf collegiately and while in college was fortunate enough to qualify and play in my only USGA event to date which was the US Amateur in 2011. I had been playing a relatively Titleist dominant bag up until some recent testing within the last year thanks to @jll62. I'd always deferred to Titleist because it was the most accessible to me because of my club pro and my school but I've been wowed with some of my recent TM clubs. I changed into M1 woods late last year and picked up 10-15 yards with both my M1 driver and M1 3 wood. The most recent change has been the switch from a GOLO to a Spider Tour Black. Nothing I've putted with has been so consistent and started the ball on line so easy. Putts from 6 feet and in feel automatic. The next test will be the TP5 golf balls for me and I can't wait to see the results after reading so many positive reviews. I'm also intrigued by the P770 irons as they remind me of the RAC TPs I played in high school which were some of my all time favorite irons. Sorry for the long post but I've truly jumped ship and am on board with TaylorMade equipment. I can't wait for future interactions with other TM users. Cheers!

Regular Contributor

@TK3309 wrote:

Hey everyone,

My name is Tony and I'm a financial analyst from Minnesota. My handicap floats anywhere from +1 to +2 throughout the year and I typically try and play or practice 2-3 times a week. I graduated from college 5 years ago where I played golf collegiately and while in college was fortunate enough to qualify and play in my only USGA event to date which was the US Amateur in 2011. I had been playing a relatively Titleist dominant bag up until some recent testing within the last year thanks to @jll62. I'd always deferred to Titleist because it was the most accessible to me because of my club pro and my school but I've been wowed with some of my recent TM clubs. I changed into M1 woods late last year and picked up 10-15 yards with both my M1 driver and M1 3 wood. The most recent change has been the switch from a GOLO to a Spider Black Tour. Nothing I've putted with has been so consistent and started the ball on line so easy. Putts from 6 feet and in feel automatic. The next test will be the TP5 golf balls for me and I can't wait to see the results after reading so many positive reviews. I'm also intrigued by the P770 irons as they remind me of the RAC TPs I played in high school which were some of my all time favorite irons. Sorry for the long post but I've truly jumped ship and am on board with TaylorMade equipment. I can't wait for future interactions with other TM users. Cheers!

Love that you're here, bud. Still don't know how you played those other drivers for so long...hahaha

0 Kudos
MGB
Occasional Visitor
Hi! My name's Mike and I'm the golf editor of the Business Mirror, the leading business newspaper in the Philippines. I've been writing about golf for over a decade now and have been a fan of TaylorMade for longer than that. I've owned most of the drivers that TM has produced since the System 2. I bought a really old Tour Burner off one of my buddies. That was the oldest TM driver I've ever owned. Currently gaming a 2016 M1 with a 2017 M2 on the way. I also have an Itsy Bitsy Spider Limited; the red and black with the double bend shaft and Superstroke grip. Good to be here. Cheers!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Welcome Mike! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
0 Kudos
Scott

Hello Allen, I called Taylormade about a set of irons/hybrids I got few months ago, had to wait for good weather to play, used them 3 times and the decals are coming off the irons there Taylormade Speedblades and the person from Taylormade named Andrew said sorry nothing can be done because they dont make them anymore. I find it insulting that Taylormade can't or will not replace them with something better. I guess Taylormade does NOT stand by there customer. If you can email me and explain why Taylormade would do such things then I can stop sending negative Info. about Taylormade.

0 Kudos