Shaft lean angle with Irons, Hybrid and Fairway woods

Highlighted
Auswi
New Contributor

What are your thoughts on shaft lean angle.  I have a slight lean forward when using my irons essentially de-lofting my irons to make good impact.  Would you have any forward lean angle using a 3 or 4 hybrid and a fairway wood or have the shaft straight up and down or slightly leaning away from the ball to help promote a upward angle.

The reason I ask is i struggle with impact and low ball flight and some topping of the ball with my 4 hybrid and fairway wood.  My ball position on both the hybrid and fairway wood is about 2 baals inside my front foot

Thankyou

Wayne

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
If the forward shaft lean is working for you, don’t worry about it. For all irons and woods, I do not use any forward lean or delofting of the club face. I let the loft do the work for me, unless I am hitting punch shots, sand shots, etc. I do set up a little different with driver, though, with some spine tilt to hit up on the ball. I find when I de loft or try and hit down on the ball and come in too steep that I get far too much spin and will lose distance or balloon shots on windy days.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos