TM Tour Truck Q&A With Trottie & Wade

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys, we are going to do a live Instagram Q&A with our resident Tour equipment experts Chris Trott and Wade Liles. If you aren't familiar with them, they work on out on Tour on our TaylorMade Tour truck building equipment for and working with the best golfers on the planet. Needless to say, they're a wealth of information and are the best in the business. We're putting the call out for all gearheads to submit their questions for Wade and Trottie to answer on the Tour Truck on Friday! 

So, if you've got a burning question about Tour setups and equipment, or want to get a better glimpse into just what goes into dialing in players like Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson and Tiger Woods on a weekly basis, submit your question and we will do our best to get them to answer them all!! 

COMMENT BELOW! 

notdrj
Occasional Contributor

I noticed during the FedEx Cup playoffs that Rory switched from the Hi-Toe wedges back to the regular MG wedge setup.  Can you give us some more background on that?  Was there a bounce angle change or some other custom wedge setup to produce a particular result?

Also, if amateurs (who don't have access to you guys) are looking to tweak our wedge setup/grinds, etc, where's the best place to get a custom grind on our wedges like the pros? 

0 Kudos
notdrj
Occasional Contributor

Another question: I;m looking at picking up an M6 3 wood in the near future.  My fave 3 wood of all time is the TM RBZ Stage 2 3w with stock 70g rocketfuel shaft.  What version of the M6/shaft combo would be comparable? 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
@SteveBreazeale - thanks for setting up this opportunity to have our questions answered by Wade and Trottie.

Have any player’s wedge setups changed due to extra spin from the new grooves in the Milled Grind 2?

To what extent do you tweak clubs with player input? Or do you usually just build to the supplied specs from the fitters working with the players?

How fast can you set the epoxy on clubs and get them out on the range and course for the team players?

What is the most common weight setup you set for M5 driver?

The TM Custom Shop does not give the options to adjust lie on fairways. How common are lie adjustments on fairway woods for tour players? Does it make as much of a difference as in irons?

#TeamTaylorMade
Super Contributor
This feature was a really good watch. Many great questions came in, and Trottie and Wade nailed it with all the answers. There is so much that goes into keeping the best players in the world up and running with their equipment, and so much knowledge between the whole team.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
DAbbott92
I went to do a Taylormade full bag fitting yesterday and learned that you can no longer customize P730s. Are they being discontinued and another blade coming out? Or is the P7TW the only blade TM wil have?

Thanks!
0 Kudos