Taylormade TP5 vs Callaway Chrome Soft

Highlighted
LosOsos83
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone used and compared both Taylormade TP5 and Callaway Chrome Soft before? Please let me know your feedback. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
ejimmy14
New Contributor
I’ve been looking for an answer to this question as well. If it means anything, I played in a member-guest this past summer and they had trackman and were comparing the chrome soft to your current gamer ball wise. I hadn’t tried the TP5X before this and had always used PROV1X’s. The Chrome Soft had around 3 mph faster ball speed compared to the PROV1X. With that being said, later on I bought a dozen TP5X’s and I fell in love. I don’t have any numerical data to support my claims but I really enjoy the TP5 line up and personally I like it more than the Chrome Soft line up. Hope this helps a little!
kb2313
Occasional Contributor

I've hit a few chrome soft balls and to me they spin a bit too much especially with the driver.. I dont know about most golfers in the community but I guess that a common issue is too much spin off the tee box. 

Last year I used the TP5x and also Srixon Z Star exclusively - I think this year with the new TP5's coming out I might switch to the normal TP5 and not the x, and depending on how that feels might continue with the Z Star only because their super skin is supposed to help with putting with the flagstick in - supposedly it helps absorbed enegry and will let gravity pull the ball down.. So for me, depends on how great the new TP5 cover is. 

JSmith24
New Contributor

In my opinion, the TP5x ball is amazing, and was the best of the bunch in 2018. I've used both, but after about 5 rounds with the Chromesoft, I just didn't want to use them anymore. The TP5x has a more responsive cover, and goes as far as anything out there. The Chromesoft for me just felt like a rock, and didn't perform much different to the TP5x, so the choice was clear.

The TP5x also responds the way I want out of the bunkers, where as the Chromesoft is almost always going to roll out a little more.