The Kingdom

Super Contributor

Wondering how many of you on the TaylorMade Community have been to The Kingdom in Carlsbad?

How was the experience, and what was your favorite part of the trip?

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The first rule for getting into The Kingdom? Don't ask to get into The Kingdom... Smiley Wink

But in all seriousness, I was fortunate enough to receive an invite in spring 2013. My coach is a member of their national staff and was able to make it happen. Quite the experience.

Chead
New Contributor
I had the opportunity to be there about four years ago. Great experience throughout. Really insightful with the ethnology and the personal insights of the pro. A quality experience throughout - a lot of nice, personal, luxury touches. If I had to critique something I would have liked to have had a little more time in the putter lab. Most humbling thing about it was when the UCSD golf team lined up next to me on the driving range. Brought back all sorts of ‘feeling inadequate’ baggage! Yup, that’s why I have a day job.
0 Kudos
MI3
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

I've been trying to find someone that works with TM to get in! I would love to go!

0 Kudos
drewcatc
Contributor

I was able to tour the Kingdom last year.  It is a very intimate place for those lucky enough to get a fitting there (not lucky enough for that).  there is some great high tech swing analyzing software there that can really view your swing, ALL the gear is there, a small custom shop where a club can be built, putting lab, outdoor range and of course the Jim Flick area!  I was really surprised that it was not a larger facility, but certainly has what it needs as an intimate and private fitting location for their staffers.

0 Kudos
wilburkay
New Contributor

I was lucky enough to visit The Kingdom for the 2017 M1 / M2 metal and iron release at the end of 2016.

The property is fantastic and the setup on the range was amazing. There were more trackmans than I had seen in one place before, and it was pretty hard to find a bad lies across the whole of the practice tee! Combine that with every shaft and head combination and fitters who knew what to look for, and it is a very special place. Probably more impressive than the outside for me was the putting lab.  There were multiple high speed cameras all capturing different parts of the stroke, and ball after impact.

Very impressive place, and would highly recommend calling in favours if you want the best fit available.

0 Kudos