What happened to Sergio & B. Harmon?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bookie5153
Occasional Contributor

Why did Sergio change brands. Long time Taylormade ambassador.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would assume Sergio leaving was simply about money. He finally won a major and perhaps was looking for a payday corresponding to that change in status. The problem is that TaylorMade's stable of top players is incredibly stacked. With the split from adidas and new ownership in place, I'd bet there simply wasn't room in the budget for Sergio to remain.

Harmon is interesting. He switched back to the Pro V1 last year and then put Titleist irons in the bag in the spring. Based on his comments, it sounds like it was all about going back to equipment he was comfortable with. Whether that's the full story, I don't know, but it seems to be true.

0 Kudos
bookie5153
Occasional Contributor

Maybe Sergio's new wife wanted a bigger house! Ha,Ha. As far as Brian Harmon, the was climbing up the world rankings & was putting great with his Spider. This is a major change for someone who is moving up the ranks & then he changes equipment. He did not putt well last week with is new putter. That is were the cash is.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

Maybe Sergio's new wife wanted a bigger house! Ha,Ha. As far as Brian Harmon, the was climbing up the world rankings & was putting great with his Spider. This is a major change for someone who is moving up the ranks & then he changes equipment. He did not putt well last week with is new putter. That is were the cash is.

As Jesse said, Brian started working in Titleist equipment last season. It is tough to see guys change OEMs. And they happen for a variety of reasons. The one that seems, at least for now, to have adversely affected the player is Xander Schaffele.

0 Kudos