Where to go from SpeedBlades?

Jaddler
New Contributor

I've owned SpeedBlade irons for the last few years.  They are without a doubt the best irons I've ever owned.  I'll keep them as long as I can, but I wouldn't mind getting some new shafts, and it doesn't make sense to invest much into an older set of irons.  I've swung the M5's but wasn't impressed.  Anyone else have any suggestions for a newer set of irons that are very similar to Speedblades?  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
If you are looking to move into a set of distance players irons, give the P790s a look. Great irons, I just switched to them from M2 Tour irons.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
drewcatc
Contributor

if you are after distance and forgiveness, the M6 is the newest game improvement club like the speedblades were,  What was not impressive with the M5s?

Drew

0 Kudos
Jaddler
New Contributor

I like the amount of offset that the Speedblades have, and the M5's were just a tough adjustment because there was so little offset.  The M6's just seemed huge.  I guess my question is that Taylormade now seems to be making a better player iron in the M1, M3, M5...or a massive game improvement iron with the M6.  The old Speedblade style seems to have gotten lost a bit with the new models.  I heard the M2's were nice but have not swung them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Size, looks, and performance of the M2 Tour irons were exceptional. I games them for 2.5 years and they were great. Compact look, and the finish was nice.

I’ve since moved into P790, but always miss those irons. I tried the M1 and M3 irons against them at one point, but couldn’t knock the M2 Tours out of the bag. The P790s finally did this season though.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos