Samsung Gear S3 - How to start a round on a different hole

mrecpa
New Contributor

Many times I play in tournaments or golf league that are shotgun starts.  I have yet to figure out how to get the Gear S3 to start my round on a hole other than #1.  I can go to the scorecard and enter my club selection, but it seems that the GPS function is not available when I do that.

What is the correct way to start a round on a different hole, and have the GPS capabilities?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
saviobarnes
Occasional Visitor

I've had good results with the run4gear app (I use it because it can export to Runkeeper and other apps). Otherwise I have more or less the same issues as you apart from the fact that I LOVE samsung pay (in Canada). Works basically everywhere.

0 Kudos
mrecpa
New Contributor

Thanks for your input, I wound up using Smart Caddie from GolfWith instead.  Changing holes is easy, and it also gives me the same yardage options (F/M/B), and also has a map view on the S3 (provides incremental distances to hazards, etc).  Does not have all the shot tracking features/stats of myRoundPro, but I was not really looking for that anyway.  Just want yardages and ability to keep score.  Does track putts, though.

I also had issues with mRP where certain rounds I submitted back to the phone were still "Processing Round.." for weeks, could not get them to update.  Had to delete those rounds from the phone.

It's a shame about S3 issue, I also contacted TM directly to ask this question, and did not get a response.  If they could address this lack of functionality, I would consider going back to it.  Otherwise, I did like the app on the S3.

0 Kudos